Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Xiah Special

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Renabellicose
Renabellicose

Xiah Special Empty
PostSubject: Xiah Special   Xiah Special EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 2:49 am

100212 Interview with Xiah: "There is no Kim Junsu, there is Mozart."
2010.02.12 16:17:52
Central Daily News: Joins.com

After the performance, I waited for Junsu in a waiting room. I heard a story that Xiah Junsu (Kim Junsu, age 24) always sings songs wherever he is. When I heard someone singing a song from outside of the entrance door, Xiah Junsu entered the room. He is the hot topic in the performance world these days.

"Mozart!" the first musical Xiah Junsu challenged to perform during a conflict with management company, SM Entertainment; this showed the ticket-selling power and an amazing interest by the public. The high evaluation was given when he created those powerful stages, which made him look like a veteran in the musical world.

The interview was conducted in a condition to only ask questions about the musical performance, and not about the current issue. This is the first domestic media's interview after "MIROTIC" in 2008. Xiah Junsu chose his words carefully, but he was bright and cheerful during the whole interview time. When he repeated the words, "Anyone has hard times in one's life,” I was able to imagine his recent situation somehow.

◆ The stage he wanted to try = The musical offer came to him suddenly. He was asked to be a 'pinch hitter' of Cho Songmo who injured his foot. When German musical author met Xiah Junsu for the first time, the author praised Junsu's singing ability. "I had the admiration for the musical, but I did not think that would come true so soon." "I predicted that it may be in three years later or so, but there occurred a problem (conflict with the management company), and my earnest desire to perform at the domestic stage arose in me; at that same time, this opportunity was offered last year."

It was the music of "Mozart" that moved him. "I thought that I would feel sorry if I missed such good songs and music. Also, I was drawn into a life of such a musician who was happy because he was a genius, but he was also miserable at the same time."

◆ Xiahzart, not Mozart = Junsu decided to perform, but at the very beginning, everything was pitch-black. He received assessment to be the best vocalist as a pop idol, but the musical world's utterance, breathing, and singing method was something new to him altogether. He mentioned that his husky voice was a challenging matter as well. The overseas activities continued, and he was given only fifteen days to practice. Not only that, acting in musicals was also something new to him. "I was not able to change the way I sing in a ballad-type utterance entirely in such a given time, with such short notice to practice, and I thought that even if I practice two or three times more as compared to the others, I would fall short. After having been troubled thinking it over, I made up my mind that I will do Mozart in my own style. If there are four Mozarts, then I will do my own style of Mozart." It was the birth of "Xiahzart," which was named by his fans. (His name Xiah and the name Mozart combined together.)

The results were more than expected. Seo Bomsoku who play the role of a father in the musical commented, "He did not learn to perform musicals, and he did not act out, so I felt like approaching a real Mozart. It was way better than bringing the opposite effect with an exaggerated performance.”

Shared by: Renabellicose

What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/renabellicose

Xiah Special
Page 1 of 1